Monday, February 10, 2014

Setup to rout cabinet door lips with the SRK

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Im still working on an appliance garage for our kitchen (this has been a long project due to many conflicts and the complexity of the cabinet). I needed to rout the cabinet door lip on the bottom doors, and wanted to use my EZ Smart Router Kit (SRK). Since there could be no vertical movement of the bit, I knew I would have to firmly hold down the router. But since I would need both hands to feed the doors, the SRK needed to be held down by some other means. Usually, the EZ guys screw down the SRK once it is adjusted for the cut, but I couldnt do this since I wanted to make the cut in multiple passes to get a very clean cut. My final setup is similar to the "router tunnel" that the EZ guys normally use, except that there is not a fence opposite the bit, only one on the bit side. I have created the following presentation as a test using Google Docs, but you can also see the photos of my setup here.


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment