Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hannas thresholds

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
For this project, the objective is to create several threshold strips for a client who has various floor heights and she cannot find the proper stock threshold strips at the local home center.

Im starting with a prototype so I can make sure of the general shape and dimensions. I dont want to cut oak and then not have it fit. I found a few pieces of 1x4 maple and glued them together - I need to pickup about an inch in height and I cant get it out of flat stock.



For the top angle, I need to do a special setup on the band saw. Ill never get this angle on the table saw...


Heres the finished and sanded prototype. Ive taken this over to Hannas house and it needs just a few tweeks! Ill update with new photos soon.




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment