Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Today Im at Brittany Makes Weekend Recap

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Today Im over at the fabulous Brittany Makes sharing a little about me!  Stop by and say hi :) Also, have you seen her dresser/TV console?? Im CRAZY about it!!


 --

Thanks for all of your sweet comments on our Bamboo Nightstands, you all are the BEST! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

Heres a little recap of ours ...

Last weekend I made an impulse purchase -a hammock swing.  Before David could say yes or no, I was pressing confirm on Amazon. It was only $25 with mixed reviews, but I figured if it broke, David could fix it ...  I also signed up for the trial Amazon Prime membership (Downton Abbey season 3 is on there now...) #nospoilers

I shipped a custom order gold leaf love print ... tutorial here, or if youd like me to make one for you, let me know.

and finally, my fabric issues ... awhile ago I ordered Richloom Dixon Slub in Graphite for the mid-century modern chairs that I recently got. I never looked at the fabric and when I started upholstering the seats, I discovered that it was the black colorway instead of gray. Boo! Pretty fabric, but a little too much contrast for the space. So I decided to order this fabric from Caitlin Wilson Textiles instead. I LOVE all of her fabrics, and finally decided on the thin chevron. I think the mint will tie in perfectly with the chandelier.

I also ordered a metallic linen for the ratan chairs, but I wasnt feeling it, so Im also selecting new fabric for those too! I posted it on Instagram and Facebook. Thanks so much to everyone who voted!! There were votes for everything, but B and D were by far the most popular. I do love all the fabrics, I think some work better than others with the caning, but ultimately Im going with B because I can purchase locally, I already have the coral fabric for the welting, and its cheaper... Also, my mom (aka sewing genius) is visiting this week, shes always willing to help with projects, so it should look super professional!








































Hope you had a great weekend!! :) Check back for updates!


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment